The student dress code is established to teach students the importance of grooming and hygiene, to instill discipline, to prevent violence and disruption in the educational environment, to avoid safety hazards, and to teach student respect for themselves and others.
All students are required to war the Marrero Middle School uniform.
- Royal blue or grey polo shirt with school logo
- Navy blue straight-legged Dickie style uniform pants
- Approved plaid pants may be worn
- Navy blue or blue plaid skirts- if worn must be knee length
Note: Pants must fit properly at the waist, and must not be worn more than 2 inches below the waist. Pants must be hemmed properly. No rolls, cuffs, or slits.
- Must be a tennis shoe
Note: No boots, slip-on, slippers, sandals, clogs, or heels allowed.
- Visible socks must be worn at all times
- No footies allowed
- Solid black or brown belts only
- No writing, glitter, or any embellishment allowed on belts
- No large buckles with names, initials, glitter, sequins, or ribbons
- Earrings are not allowed for boys.
- Girls may ware stud earrings no larger than a quarter. Hoop earrings are not allowed.
- Only one necklace, bracelet, ring, and pair of earrings at a time.
- Jewelry may only be silver, gold, black, white, beige, or burgundy.
- No dog tags, large medallions, or any other jewelry that suggests drugs, violence, etc. allowed.
- Expensive jewelry should not be worn.
- The first ID is included in the student $25 school fee.
- Replacement ID’s cost $5.00.
- Students are responsible for maintaining the condition of their ID. No writing, stickers, etc., are allowed on the ID.
- ID’s are mandatory during all school related events!
- Hats, visors, bandannas, and sunglasses may not be worn.
Cold Weather Attire
- Marrero Middle School jackets, Cardigan sweater, and pullover wind shirt and sweatshirts with logo are recommended.
- Otherwise, jackets must be solid Navy, Black, White, or Grey.
- Jackets must reach the waist and be button-down or zip down.
- No hooded jackets or sweatshirts are allowed.
Tights (Girls only)—
- Solid black or navy tights only.
- Tights MUST cover the foot.
- Leggings are not allowed
The Marrero Middle School Student/Parent Handbook has more detailed uniform information on pages 16 -18.